Craig County is a great place to get started or continue with a career in law enforcement. Our available positions are below. Click the position you are interested in to find out more and apply.
The Craig County Sheriff’s Office is looking for applicants to start immediately.
Our employees enjoy a $2500.00 monthly starting pay.
You will also enjoy FULL PAID health benefits like dental, vision, medical and $50,000.00 life insurance and we contribute 16.5% to your OPERS retirement plan.More Info
- Patrol assigned areas in a motor vehicle, on foot, or using other methods of transportation; check businesses, stores, homes and other premises for criminal violations, suspicious persons or conditions, fire or other disturbances
- Apprehend, interview, and make arrests for violations of federal and state laws and local ordinances; transport prisoners to and from other counties; register and book prisoners, assist in the county jail, prepare record of arrest and submit detailed reports of investigation made
- Respond to citizen complaints; control and, when needed, disperse crowds; cooperate with and assist other law enforcement officers, jurisdictions, and agencies
- Enforce traffic and parking regulations, direct traffic, investigate traffic accidents and obtain information incidental to the event; observe traffic hazards and submit recommendations for their correction; administer first aid in emergency situations
- Provide legal service of court documents, subpoenas, and civil papers.
- Prepare and maintain field notes; prepare and submit administrative reports, emergency orders of detention; search warrants, and similar legal documents; testify at administrative and court hearings
- Assist supervisors as required and may act as a supervisor in their absence
- Attend and satisfactorily complete periodic trainee courses and instructional meetings to develop and maintain skills in the use, care, and safe operation of firearms, motor vehicles, techniques in self-defense, lifesaving, and criminal law updates
- Make initial and supplementary investigations of crimes in areas such as personal violence, theft, stolen vehicles, missing persons, lost children, and runaways; participate in undercover investigations of narcotics, gambling, vice, civil and criminal disturbances
- Collect physical evidence and performs crime scene investigation, take photographs, and perform surveillance of persons and places
- Perform other related work as required